Here you will find information including:
Long Day Program
8.30am - 4.00pm
$600 per Term
2021 Proposed Timetable
Long Day Program
3 Year Old Groups | Yellow Room
The following Enrolment Selection Policy applies to both the 3 year old and 4 year old groups at the kindergarten. All applications must be made through the Whitehorse Pre-Schools Association (WPSA). Enrolment Application Forms are available from the Kindergarten or can be downloaded here:
WPSA Application Form
How to Enrol
Please complete the application form and email to email@example.com or post to:
THE APPLICATIONS OFFICE, WPSA
P.O. BOX 1194
BLACKBURN NORTH, 3130
Age of Enrolment
To be eligible for preschool your child must turn 3 or 4 years of age on or before April 30 the year in which they will attend 3 or 4 year old preschool respectively. Please note that your child must be three years of age before commencement in a 3 year old program.
Visit us Before Enrolling
Every day is an open day! Give us ring 03 9802 0139 and confirm your visit.
No Jab No Play
To finalise your child’s application to enrol we are required to see a copy of your child’s immunisations are up to date for their age. Evidence of up to date immunisation must be before commencing at our service. An Immunisation History Statement from the Australian Childhood Immunisation Register can be used as evidence of up to date vaccination. An Immunisation Status Certificate from a medical doctor or a local council immunisation service may also be used.
Other immunisation records, such as ‘homeopathic immunisation’ or a statutory declaration from you are not acceptable. Immunisation History Statements are available on request at any time by contacting Medicare:
If you are experiencing difficulties accessing vaccinations or required related documents, please contact us for assistance as soon as you are able. In some cases children can commence at the service while the required documents are obtained.
Please see the following in regard to snacks and lunches:
Nude Snacks and Lunches
Snacks and Lunches for Sessional 5 hours
Snacks and Lunches for Long Day 7.5 hours
Benwerrin Parent Committee of Management is an incorporated body consisting of 12 members. The role of all Committee Members is to:
- Attend and participate in monthly Committee meetings.
- Keep informed by reading the agenda, reports, minutes and any other relevant information.
- Follow correct meeting procedures.
- Share responsibility for and support Committee decisions.
- Respect the confidentiality of information.
- Accept the responsibility of Committee membership.
- Ensure any tasks allocated to them are completed or in progress by the next Committee meeting
- Abide by the policies of the kindergarten
The Committee is made up of:
- Vice President
- Assistant Treasurer
- Enrolment Officer
- WPSA Representative
- Communications Officer
- Fundraising / Social Coordinator
- Grants Officer
- 3 x General Members
If you wish to be on Committee you may nominate yourself on AGM night.
- Acceptance and Refusal of Authorisations Policy
- Administration of First Aid Policy
- Administration of Medication Policy
- Anaphylaxis Policy
- Asthma Policy
- Child Protection Policy
- Child Safe Environment Policy
- Code of Conduct Policy
- Complaints and Grievances Policy
- Curriculum Development Policy
- Dealing with Infectious Diseases Policy
- Dealing with Medical Conditions Policy
- Delivery and Collection of Children Policy
- Determining Responsible Person Policy
- Diabetes Policy
- Emergency and Evacuation Policy
- Enrolment and Orientation Policy
- Environmental Sustainability Policy
- Epilepsy Policy
- Excursions and Service Events Policy
- Food Safety Policy
- Governance and Management of the Service Policy
- Hygiene Policy
- Incident Injury Trauma and Illness Policy
- Inclusion and Equity Policy
- Information and Communication Technology Policy
- Interactions with Children Policy
- Nutrition Oral Health and Active Play Policy
- Occupational Health and Safety Policy
- Participation of Volunteers and Students Policy
- Privacy and Confidentiality Policy
- Relaxation and Sleep Policy
- Road Safety And Safe Transport Policy
- Staff Health and Wellbeing Policy
- Staffing Policy
- Sun Protection Policy
- SunSmart Policy
- Supervision of Children Policy
- Water Safety Policy